Registering to post in the Commercial section for non-NZMAS Sponsors
Only approved businesses are permitted to post in the Commercial section (registered NZL company selling marine aquatic supplies or services). Paid NZMAS sponsors get their own forum. Please use the contact form
if you are interested. If you wish to register your company in order to post here, perform the following:
1. Click the User Control Panel
link at the top of the screen
2. Select the Usergroups
2. Select 'Commercial' and 'Join a Group' from the drop down selection.
3. Click 'Submit' to send a request to join the group and follow the prompts.
Your request will be reviewed by the group Moderator as soon as possible and approved or declined.Rules
The rules for posting of commerical goods are simple:
1. The username used to sell the item must be the same as the registered company name (that means register twice if you already have a personal username)
2. Only retailers or those who sell direct to the public may post pricing. Importers and distributors are prohibited
to displaying RRP on items.
3. The item price must include GST. If the company is not GST registered, this must be declared when selling the item
4. If the item is not brand new or is ex-stock, it must be stated as such
5. For equipment, the seller must declare the warranty period of the item, or if no warranty this must be clearly stated
6. If the item is listed on TradeMe a link must
be provided to that item and the item must
be purchased through the TradeMe site
7. If the price is not disclosed, members must contact the seller directly for pricing; NO negotiations can take place on the thead
8. Members are forbidden to post their products and/or competitive pricing in response
to another commercial post (if you have a competiting product you are more than welcome to start a new
thread on that product or service)
9. If pictures shown are not of the actual item being sold, you must specify this in your post, for example: "Item similar to picture below"
10. No cross-linking to other web sites for sale of items is permitted (exception is TradeMe as indicated in rule #6 above, however this is only permitted if the TradeMe account is a registered business)
11. Only products that you are legitimately allowed to sell maybe advertised
12. You cannot reply to your own or any post, however you may edit your original post. Ensure you think twice before posting to make sure all required information is present.
13. Posts may not be removed or edited in this forum except by Moderators