It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:21 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Aqua One T5 lighting
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:20 pm 
Marine Bacteria
Marine Bacteria

Hiya
I have recently purchased an aquaone 500 reef tank. (my first tank) and its come with "all the necessary" equipment including lights. I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the lights were worth keeping or are they just the standard comes with the tank that need to be upgraded quickly lights. The details I could find are:

"Patented 'Quadrolite' T5 lighting system with reflector panels to increase light output and 4xT5 tubes to provide a balanced, visually pleasing spectrum.
The AquaReef aquarium range also includes four T5 light tubes 2 x T5 Quad T-Light Bar (2 x 39W Sunlight Tubes & 2 x 39W Marine Tubes). These tubes are designed to provide a balanced, visually pleasing spectrum for coral."

I am in planning stages (so much so that the tank is in storage).

Any advice would be appreciated.
ta

Post subject: Re: Aqua One T5 lighting
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:13 pm 
Pteropod
Pteropod

Depends what type of coral (if any) you plan on keeping, but as a general rule people generally upgrade them; if not straight away, then once the tubes need replacing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:29 pm 
Marine Bacteria
Marine Bacteria

Definitely planning on keeping corals. Long term I will look into keeping other species (starfish, clams etc). Lighting is doing my head in at the moment. :doh:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:39 pm 
Copepod
Copepod

For the beginner they are fine, ok for keeping most soft coral and fish however once you get into things like clams and hard coral you will need to upgrade.
There are many options for upgrading the lighting but the easiest, most efficient and cost effective is to go with a good LED setup.
Due to the length of the AR500 you will need a few units, there is someone local here with an AR500 and she has some nice Maxspect Razor lights over it that suit really well.
Radions, Maxspect, Zetlite, pacific sun are a few good options but with a bit of knowledge and research you can find other options

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]