Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: diy uv sterolizer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:37 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

SERIOUSLY KNOW ITS SPELL MASTER B
CMON
THIS IS d...i...y not generall discussion :wtf:
perhaps you should learn to use a forum theres a difference between diy and generall discussion another one :roflmbo:
any spell mistakes there master b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:45 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

next :showoff:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:12 am 
Copepod
Copepod

bigsalty wrote:
any spell mistakes there master b

errrrr, yeah
bigsalty wrote:
THIS IS d...i...y not generall discussion

bigsalty wrote:
SERIOUSLY KNOW ITS SPELL MASTER B

And again you completely missed the point of what was being suggested to you.
Im going to exit this dussion at this point, I personally feel its a lost cause.
Good luck in your efforts.

Last edited by aer0 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:43 am 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

It appers theres a few people who must have a lot of trouble in socity when someone says thanks but no thanks you dont shove it in there face and the try to twist it on that person when the ...... hits the fan no point has been missed from this end your end well i could suggest a good shrink
Cmon peps cut it out youve ruined this thread i hope your happy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:50 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

bigsalty wrote:
It appers theres a few people who must have a lot of trouble in socity when someone says thanks but no thanks you dont shove it in there face and the try to twist it on that person when the ...... hits the fan no point has been missed from this end your end well i could suggest a good shrink
Cmon peps cut it out youve ruined this thread i hope your happy

And again you completely missed the point of what was being suggested to you.
i suggest you pratice what you prech and learn what diy stands for and learn to interpret a post proply i wouldve thought
Re: diy uv sterolizer
was pretty clear its not a question

no more posts from unstable people please admin please wipe posts and leave this thread open to people who wish to talk about BUILDING DIY UV

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:04 pm 
Pteropod
Pteropod

bigsalty wrote:
no more posts from unstable people

argumentum ad hominem

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:15 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

Argumentum ad Hominem (abusive and circumstantial): the fallacy of attacking the character or circumstances of an individual who is advancing a statement or an argument instead of trying to disprove the truth of the statement or the soundness of the argument. Often the argument is characterized simply as a personal attack.

The personal attack is also often termed an "ad personem argument": the statement or argument at issue is dropped from consideration or is ignored, and the locutor's character or circumstances are used to influence opinion.

The fallacy draws its appeal from the technique of "getting personal." The assumption is that what the locutor is saying is entirely or partially dictated by his character or special circumstances and so should be disregarded.

and know childish acts really
its normal to just say it not hide behind other launguages
just accept you three have acted abuseively and out of place this is technical issiues and diy regardless of what you try i was nice you wernt know can we all grow up today or do you still want milk and cookies :shame:

argumentum ad hominem
btw that little coment is very baiting

also this is no good
Your following posts are very confusing full of poor spelling and no grammar at all, making me want to vomit trying to read it!{this needs no explanation}
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you just don't know how your posts come across and leave it there.{personnal atack of character}argumentum ad hominem

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:45 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajbhpfgUpfo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PidhWTDpL4w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cgje8L2PdI
seems to me theres plenty of people doing it and being successfull and there spending stuff all i have also looked and found doing it extreemly cheap those above were a fraction although ones method i find strait up dangerous there are entire articals on this.
you gentlemen should be ashamed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 pm 
Pteropod
Pteropod

You've posted two videos from the same guy that has no proof at all that it actually works as a UV, having LED's turn on in some plumbing doesn't mean its a working functioning UV. And thats not even getting into how he claims $15 for plumbing that would easily cost hundreds here.
The last clip is just some guy replacing his standard UV bulb, nothing to do with LED's.

I'm sure there are plenty of youtube videos with people trying out UV LED's, likely because they saw them just like you did and decided to have a go. But this is a long stretch from them actually working as UV filters.
Have a think about it this way, if it worked why aren't commercial manufactures all over it, with the way LED's are getting into everything if it worked we would be seeing LED units every where.

bigsalty wrote:
you gentlemen should be ashamed

Why do you feel the need to end your post with attacks? You could have posted links in a far more constructive and less confrontational way.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:53 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

ah theres the child again
no one is interested in you or your opinion if you stop they wont be able to read your shamefull posts let it go .and there actually two posts and yet again you are still trying to have a general discussion and still Abuseive and completly dissrespectfull also if you cared to read was just EXAMPLE im trained in electricity so your comment is also out of context but lets face it you didnt read you just clicked at a guess id say you are a late teen or early twentys because you have no maturaty go and learn to be an adult please .and yes theres spelling mistakes thankyou for pointing that out please leave :good:

really talk about obsessed :shame: :roflmbo: :roflmbo: :roflmbo: :roflmbo: :roflmbo: :roflmbo: :roflmbo: :roflmbo: :roflmbo:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:02 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

Tetra UV5. Photo by PriceGrabber
What exactly is UV sterilization? It's actually a very simple process for removing (referred to as filtering) unwanted free floating microscopic water borne bacteria, parasitic, fungal, viral, algae, and other unfriendly pathogens out of aquarium water by exposing it to high intensity ultra-violet (UV) light. UV light has the ability to effect the function of living cells by altering the structure of the cells nuclear material, or DNA. The end result is the organisms die off, eradicating your aquarium water of these unwanted nuisances.

There are three types of UV sterilizers; tray type, tube type-wet bulb (non-quartz lined), and tube type-dry bulb (quartz lined). Suggested wattages are 4-8 watts for 20-40 gallon aquariums, 20-25 watts for 50-100 gallons, and 40 watts for larger aquariums. Using this method of treating water is quite controversial amongst aquarists. Some consider it to be a waste of money, not all that effective, or suitable for fish-only, but unnatural for reef tanks, while others feel it does have its benefits for either type of system.

The general consensus is that an aquarist that has a well maintained and uncrowded aquarium, as well as follows good quarantine procedures when introducing new specimens to their system, a UV light filter is not necessary. For those that may be deciding on whether a UV light filter should be added or not, here are some other points to consider.

Most effective when run 24/7.
Most effective if the water is clear.
Most effective if bulb is new, or replaced regularly (at least every 6-8 months).
Most effective if the UV light penetrates less than one inch of water.
Effectiveness can be hindered if the water passes to fast past the bulb. Most effective if the exposure time of the water to the UV light is longer than one second.
The effectiveness of UV light can be hindered if there is light blockage, i.e. a salt encrusted bulb.
It can help to prevent future water borne pathogen reoccurrences, once the initial problem as been completely eradicated from the aquarium.
UV light not only kills unwanted organisms, but beneficial ones as well.
Because it can destroy beneficial microscopic organisms that some reef tank inhabitants may depend on as a food source, UV light should not be run during feeding time.
It only destroys organisms that are free floating IN the water as it passed by the UV light, i.e. it will NOT get rid of an ich infestation that is already ON fish, or cure a bacterial disease a fish may have.
Should never be run when treating with any drugs or medications.
UV can also alter the structure of some dissolved chemical compounds.
UV light can be damaging to the human eye, so DO NOT look into the bulb.
Always unplug the unit when working on it to prevent possible shock if it breaks or gets wet.
In recent years, UV Sterilizers designed for use in aquariums and ponds have been improved to lengthen the time the target organisms spend exposed to the UV light, making them more effective. You can go to Top UV Sterilizers to read descriptions and Compare Prices on units on the market today.

Read more about Ultraviolet Sterilization and how to maximize the effect of your UV Filter.

there you go genious and theres thousends more on it
this is all i want it for know lets talk diy
okay discussion over

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:37 pm 
Pteropod
Pteropod

I don't understand? The Tetra UV5 is just a normal UV unit, what has this to do with DIY LED builds?

I do agree with what they are saying though, and thought that it was pretty much what we had all been saying. UV's not going to help with Bacterial infections or whitespot, you need to run it 24/7, it will kill all the good stuff and well as the bad, but it is a nicely laid out simple to read summary of using UV.

bigsalty wrote:
there you go genious

But why did you have to go spoil a good post with more abuse?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

bigsalty I am locking this topic and advise you not to continue attacking members of this forum.

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2