It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:18 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Xaqua X-Inout
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:53 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

does any body on this forum use this type of overflow?

Post subject: Re: Xaqua X-Inout
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:57 am 
Flagellate
Flagellate

Used to on my big tank (which is empty while we renovate). They are so easy, no leaks, look great, quiet, no need for elbows, pipes and joins. The only bummer was getting pinged for duty and GST at the border.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:34 am 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

thanks for the reply I apologize for all the questions in advance just cant find much useful info on the net. what capacity tank was that running on and did you run more than 1 unit? the one I want to use the setup on is about 1800 litre display. what's the chance of a picture of the setup as I am leaning towards this type over overflow. yea didn't think they would be cheap where did you source some from and what sort of price where they

cheers drew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:20 pm 
Flagellate
Flagellate

Don't apologize for questions! I could talk about marine stuff all day ;)

I had two units running on a shallow 1,000l tank. 1m x 2m x 50cm deep. I had a few other pumps for water movement.

I got them from here (price is listed):

http://www.xaquashop.it/en/83-inout-overflow-

It wasn't too bad cost wise, freight was €74 but then I got pinged for GST and duty and their other fees for their slush fund so it was a bit more than I wanted to spend. But they were worth it. Super quiet and super compact. No silly extra bulky equipment or mucking around with pipes. One fed straight into the skimmer and one to the sump. The pipes are flexible so you can move bits around - you aren't stuck with something like you are with traditional plumbing. I had a couple of Eihem return pumps.

Learn from my mistake: I put the overflows at the back in the middle. Then discovered I couldn't reach them when the tank was in place :habw I'd recommend put one within arms reach on each end of the back.

I'll see if I can find some photos for you…

1,800l sounds FREAKIN' AWESOME!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:00 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

haha yea fair call I know what you mean

what size pumps where they I noticed they have a 2500lph rating so that's one big thing im going to need help with from everyone is choosing how many I will need to run and what pumps will suit best etc

yea that's true ive had I few problems like that in the past thinking ive got it sussed then setting the tank up then noticing its not quite how I should have done it haha.

this build is going to be the last one I do so wanting to do it slow and right from scratch. im lucky when we brought our house the people before us knocked a wall out that was a hall way to make the lounge bigger so im going to put the wall back in with a section out so it looks like the tank is set in the wall so just going to be able to see the front of tank and nothing else. its also good as it makes it its own tank room which will be good to keep the noise down and stop people etc from messing with anything. the room has a internal door from the house and other end has a door outside so will be good for water changes etc

yea some pictures would be good but no stress if you cant find them

cheers drew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:11 pm 
Flagellate
Flagellate

Hey Drew

I couldn't find photos with them in it - it's all about the fish and corals!

I'll check the size of the pumps later. They're in the shed and it's cold and dark here….

I'm up in Kapiti. PM me if you are up this way and want to look at a large empty tank with the x-inputs in place.

Cheers
Cam

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:23 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

haha this is true

that's ok no stress was worth a shot aye

yea its not the best down here either there's no rush anyways

that would be much appreciated I might be passing through there tomorrow so I will pm you if I do and if its going to suit you etc.

cheers drew

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]