It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:31 pm

All times are UTC + 12 hours [ DST ]

Page 6 of 6 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: First marine tank - Aqua One mini reef 90
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:54 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

Skimming well. Another TUNZE winner. :) Automatic zeovit reactor is already amazing. Set to churn the stones for 20 seconds once an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:09 pm 
Copepod
Copepod

HCMSS wrote:
Skimming well. Another TUNZE winner. :) Automatic zeovit reactor is already amazing. Set to churn the stones for 20 seconds once an hour.

Next time you order stones , get the bag that is for Auto reactors , there are less small stones in the bag

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:57 pm 
Picoplankton
Picoplankton

Thanks Brendon. I have a bag of the auto stones at the ready, but I only go through 250-300ml of stones at a time... Have yet to finish my first bag! Joys of a small tank...

The small stones are not a problem in this particular auto reactor due to the mixing mechanism - the small stones fluidise well during the 20 seconds and actually help to cleanse the larger stones. I believe the lack of small stones in the auto mix is because of the way the small stones settle on the bottom plate and block flow when the korallenzucht automatic reactor spins around like a washing machine. If the auto reactor flushes with recirculated water (such as this deltec one) or shakes up and down, this is not really an issue, as the smaller stones go to the top or get mixed throughout, and do not settle on the bottom... I am using a mix of the korallenzucht stones and the deltec stones specifically made for the reactor (which are 1-2mm diameter).

Since I set it to cleanse every hour, only a slight amount of mulm is released each time, so is more of a steady stream of food that doesn't cloud the water very much. Seems to work well. The Korallenzucht auto zeo reactors are programmed to mix at the same interval (which is why I chose such frequent flushing instead of 1-2 times per day).

I'll get around to posting a video of the reactor in action sometime.

Page 6 of 6 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6